Skincare for acne prone skin. Acne skincare products and treatments to address skin that is oily and often prone to breakouts and acne, helping diminish breakouts, reduce pore size and calm any redness in the skin, often caused during hormonal changes.
Acne is a skin condition characterized by red pimples on the skin, especially on the face, due to inflamed or infected sebaceous glands that become blocked with oil, dead skin cells and/or bacteria. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and is prevalent chiefly among adolescents and/or during hormonal changes, though it can affect people of all ages.
What causes acne?
Acne occurs when the pores of your skin become blocked with oil, dead skin, or bacteria. Each pore of your skin is the opening to a follicle. The follicle is made up of a hair and a sebaceous (oil) gland.
The oil gland releases sebum (oil), which travels up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. The sebum helps keeps your skin lubricated and soft. One or more problems in this lubrication process can cause acne. It can occur when:
- too much oil is produced by your follicles
- dead skin cells accumulate in your pores
- bacteria build up in your pores
These problems contribute to the development of pimples. A pimple appears when bacteria grows in a clogged pore and the oil is unable to escape.
What are the risk factors for developing acne?
There are many old wives tales about what contributes to acne. Many people believe that foods such as chocolate or French fries will contribute to acne. While there’s no scientific support for these claims, there are certain risk factors for developing acne. These include:
- Hormonal changes caused by puberty or pregnancy
- Certain medications, such as certain birth control pills or corticosteroids
- A diet high in refined sugars or carbohydrates, such as bread and chips
- Having parents who had acne
People are most at risk for developing acne during puberty. During this time, your body undergoes hormonal changes. These changes can trigger oil production, leading to an increased risk of acne. Hormonal acne related to puberty usually subsides, or at least improves once you reach adulthood.
How can acne be prevented?
It’s difficult to prevent acne. But you can take steps to help prevent acne and reduce its affects to a minimum. These steps include:
- washing your face twice a day with an oil-free cleanser
- using a specific moisture and/or face serum developed to reduce and remove excess oil
- avoiding using makeup that contains oil
- removing makeup and cleaning your skin thoroughly before bed
- showering after any exercise
- eating a healthy diet with minimal refined sugars
- try to avoid stress
All products are PARABEN-FREE
BEAUTE MEDITERRANEA BUBBLE OXYGEN FACE MASK£38.50
BEAUTE MEDITERRANEA MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER£20.00
BEAUTE MEDITERRANEA SNAIL BODY CREAM£15.00
Out of Stock